Friday 21 December 2018

Week 3_Work and School meet

I'm starting to form a balance with my new schedule.  Getting up at 7:00 to catch the bus to work is a gear change but it is getting me into the habit of getting up early (not my best time of day) and it is definitely getting easier.  Working at Dreamscape is so much fun! I cant talk much about what I am working on but the people are awesome, really welcoming and the work is intense but fun and thankfully all in my wheel house so far.
All my Gnomon classes seem to be on track ATM, I am combining Game Creation 4 and VFX for Games 2 as much as I can which is saving me a lot of time.  I am also progressing along with my final environment piece.  I am a little worried about not having quite enough time to finish up that project especially since I want to spend a week fixing up last terms projects just one last time for my final reel.



Game Creation 4 and VFX 2 have been super fun! I am putting together a Sci-Fi FPS defender game in Unreal, so I am trying to cater each homework to tackle an aspect of that game.  If I do manage to get it all done by week 10 it should look and play really well.  I have also recruited a class mate to help with some of the modeling and texturing since there is an lot to get done.  It's really nice to do a collaborative project and share some of the creative input.  I wish I could have done more of that at Gnomon but the homework rarely allowed for it unfortunately.
Anyway here are some grabs of my first few weeks of homework:




I am going with a modern, militaristic environment for my final piece for demoreel.  I wanted to cover all the bases and prove that I can work in the realms of: fantasy, sci fi and realism.  So far I am mostly working on the Jeep since it is so close to the camera, then I will move onto the base landscape and concrete bridges.  I won't be adding characters to this shot, since that is too much work for now but I hope the vehicles etc will sell the scale of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment